Welcome to the Advanced Manufacturing New York 2018 Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
Advanced Manufacturing New York
June 12-14, 2018
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center
655 West 34th Street, New York, NY 10001
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a speaker, you receive a complimentary Expo Pass – we take care of getting you registered so you don't have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Main Registration desk located in the Crystal Palace Lobby. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive access to all onsite receptions, awards ceremonies, exhibitions, entertainment, co-located educational programs, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the Advanced Manufacturing New York 2018 event website
- A chance to have your session promoted on all Advanced Manufacturing New York 2018 and affiliate Social Networks
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you've already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
- April 6 – Speaker Agreement Due – Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement.
- April 6 – Professional Bio & Photo Due – Photo should be 200x200 pixel, high-resolution preferred
- May 28th – Presentation Slides Due
- May 28th – Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
- June 11th – Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
- June 12-14 – Advanced Manufacturing New York Expo
Theaters Operations Lead
Heather Lobao - [email protected] - 310-741-9685
Public Relations Lead
Rich Trunzo - [email protected] - 424-316-7169
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Speakers who fail to provide the materials correctly might not be considered for future speaking opportunities. Do not create slides for panel discussion participation unless instructed otherwise by your panel organizer.
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF and PPT format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Download the Speaker Presentation Template and please use this as the PowerPoint template for your content
- Name the presentation file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
Upload Your Presentation
You will upload your presentation here. Please review the submission instructions before you begin.
- Name your PDF and PPT file: FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- In the description, please add the title of your session and your email address.
- Submit the final presentation in PDF and PPT format only.
** If you need to make revisions after you have submitted, please do not upload via the Box widget. Email revised PDF and PPT to [email protected] to avoid delays in the process and ensure the correct version is provided to attendees.
Standard conference session rooms will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of the Associated Press. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here's how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you're on social media, we hope that you'll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you're willing and available, we hope that you'll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you're influencing your industry. Don't miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #AdvMfgExpo
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #advmfgexpo on June 12th! See you there…
- Example 2: #advmfgexpo is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking at the Packaging Hub on June 13th on flexible packaging trends. See you at the conference.
Education Hub Locations
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate your education hub in the exhibition hall.
- Medtech Hub: Booth 773
- Smart Manufacturing Hub: Booth 1677
- Packaging Hub: Booth 2385
- Tech Theater: Booth 345
As a speaker, you are automatically registered for the event free of charge. You will be able to retrieve your Speaker Badge on-site at the VIP/ Speaker Registration Desk located in the Crystal Palace.
Speaker Ready Lounge Location
The Speaker Ready Lounge is located at Booth 1685 behind the Smart Manufacturing Education Hub. Go through the main entrance, proceed straight into the expo hall and make your way to the 1600 aisle until you arrive at the Smart Manufacturing Education Hub. Go past the hub and the Speaker Ready Lounge is at the back. The Speaker Ready Lounge is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists.
If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here.
- M34 crosstown
- M42 crosstown
- M12 uptown/downtown
New Jersey Transit and other buses arrive at the Port Authority terminal at 42nd Street between 8th and 9th Avenues. The M42 bus will bring you from there to the Javits Center.
The NY Waterway operates a ferry from Weehawken, NJ. In just eight minutes, the ferry takes you across the Hudson River to West 39th Street and Twelfth Avenue, just one block from the Javits Center. For more information visit: www.nywaterway.com.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, Advanced Manufacturing New York 2018 has partnered with onPeak to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
To download the event’s free mobile app, search for UBM New York in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full education schedule, networking activities, Tech Theater, and directory of exhibitors.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact [email protected].
- Avoid sales pitches and commercial presentations. Experience shows that you will represent your company best by giving an educational, informative presentation.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about Advanced Manufacturing New York 2018 sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact [email protected].