Get the Go-Ahead with Our Handy Resources
For 36 years, engineers and executives have gathered in New York to experience the latest innovations in medtech, automation, packaging, and plastics in real life. With more than 550 companies showcasing technologies and solutions across the advanced design and manufacturing industry, you already know it's a must attend for staying current in your field — now it's time to get your boss on the same page.
Tip — Focus on what you'll bring back to the team and the value beyond what you get. Keep it short, powerful, and company- or team-focused.
Tips to Make It Happen
When crafting your plan, think about the bottom line: Why should the company budget for your trip and what's the return on the investment?
- Determine the value – Show specifics on how your attendance will impact current projects, inspire knowledge, and eliminate obstacles.
- Be solutions-driven – What issues pop up again and again? List exhibitors who could provide the solutions your team needs.
- Provide a post-show rundown – Offer to deliver a short presentation or write-up on your key takeaways.
- Plan for your absence – Whether it's working ahead or tapping a colleague to help out, explain how your missed time is covered.
- Make it cost-effective – This event is free, but you can still offer to share a hotel room with colleagues or carpool to cut costs.
No other trade show in the region puts you in direct contact with as many innovative companies and industry leaders. The reasons to attend are many, but here are five important points to make to your boss:
- 550+ companies: Source from suppliers including 3M, DENSO, and Formlabs, offering solutions across robotics, medtech, design engineering, plastics, packaging, and quality.
- Industry-specific education: Explore three hubs dedicated to education in core industry themes — Medtech Hub, Packaging Hub, and Smart Manufacturing & 3DP Hub.
- Spotlight on 3D printing: A show-wide focus in 2019, meet leaders in the 3D Printing Zone (3D Systems, Protolabs, Stratasys) and explore every point in the 3D printing process.
- Make connections, fast: Mingle with 8,000+ peers and find potential business partners across medical manufacturing, automation & robotics, packaging, and more.
- 6 trade shows at 1 expo: Your free pass is actually six expo passes in one — MD&M East, PLASTEC East, ATX East, EastPack, Atlantic Design & Manufacturing, and Quality Expo.
One question inevitably comes up: How much will this cost? Make sure you've taken all costs into consideration and are prepared with a thoughtful answer.